Walk for Wellness House Volunteer Information
"It's such a moving event. I volunteered a few years ago and was so touched by all the people walking. Just looking at everyone's faces as they walked by my station, I could feel such a sense of purpose to their walk. Everyone had their own story ...so much was said and felt in the silence. After that year, I walked for my own reasons...my own healing in the silence of the walk."
There are many ways to volunteer at the Walk for Wellness House on Sunday, May 7. Here are a few of the areas you can help:
- T-shirt Tent: Distributing t-shirts to walkers/runners
- Course Marshalls: Direct walkers/runners along the route
- Water stations: We have 3 water stops throughout the route
- Food Tent: Hand out food to walkers/runners
- Registration: Help people register that morning for the event
- Kids Zone: Face painters and crafty people needed
- Set-up/Tear-down: This is a great workout
Volunteer shifts will vary based on assignment. Event registration opens at 7:00 a.m. and clean-up is generally finished by 11:00 a.m.
Teens are welcome! Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Volunteer Manager, Caly Mixa-Meyers at email@example.com